Monday 14 October 2013

Barry M TMLP Lip Paint

A few days ago marked the end of my spending ban!  I won't lie...I didn't not buy anything at all.  I bought some clothes, most of which were necessary and only bought when I had a discount code!  But I can honestly say that I bought no beauty products, which was where my main spending ban was.  So...obviously I treated myself once it had been lifted...  Some people are still on their spending bans, so have a look at how they are doing on the hashtag #roseenospend!  I'll have another exciting post coming soon on the end of #roseenospend...stay tuned!

So what did I buy?  I bought the Barry M Lip Paint in TMLP, standing for Turn My Lips Pink.  The only thing I've ever bought from Barry M are the nail paints; nothing else really took my fancy, and I was worried for the quality.  But, I am so surprised.  This is amazing, and probably now one of my favourite lipsticks!  Oh...and it's green....


Yes!  Green!  This magic lipstick starts out a real Halloween green, but is one of those magic lipsticks that change according to the pH in your lips, so it will vary in shade for everyone to create your perfect pink!  I'm a sucker for anything that looks this cool, and I have to say I'm not disappointed with this little impulse buy.


It's really moisturising on the lips, and has such a good wear time.  I swatched this on my hand and it was so hard to get off!  Wear time is pretty good too; once the moisturising feeling has worn away from the initial application, you are left with a nice stain.  Don't be fooled though, this colour gradually develops, so whilst it may seem sheer at first, keep an eye on it!  My Mum borrowed mine when I wasn't in, and was shocked hers had developed to an almost fuschia pink!  A nice one at that!


The lipstick comes in pretty standard packaging, but I really like it.  It's a matte black tube with a gloss band where the lid meets.  I usually find that cheaper lipsticks usually come with cheap, tacky packaging but I really like this and wouldn't be bothered about cracking it out during the day!  The bright green inside might get me a few stares though!

As far as smell, it's no MAC lipstick.  It's got quite a synthetic fruity scent in my opinion, and reminds me of Tutti Fruities, but it's not unpleasant!

Indoor Lighting

Excuse the awful quality selfie - I really ought to invest in a proper camera for showing what it's like on skin!   Keep an eye out on my Instagram, as I imagine I'll be wearing this a lot! Mine goes a really nice rosy pink in indoor light, but a real bright lolly pop pink in natural light!  I'm so pleased with my purchase!  I bought mine from Amazon here for £4.21, I've always struggled to get it in Superdrug and Boots because they're always sold out!

Natural Lighting Outside
So there we have it.  My crazy impulse buy of a bright green lipstick, that leaves my lips that perfect shade of pink.  I'm one happy chappy.

What has been your latest impulse buy?  Will you be getting this?

No comments:

Post a Comment