Wednesday 27 November 2013

Life on the Inside: House of Hackney X ASOS

Tonight I have a super sneaky sneek peek for you.  Last week, I was invited to have one of the first looks at the House of Hackney X ASOS collection!  I'm feeling pretty excited about it to be honest; House of Hackney isn't a label that graces my wardrobe, but I absolutely love the bold prints.  It's a shame they're so out of my price range, because they are gorgeous pieces.


"House of Hackney was founded in London 2010 by husband and wife team Javvt M Royle and Frieda Gormley. Originally founded as an interiors label the founder's quest was 'to take the beige out of interiors' with an emphasis on quality, design and Made in England."
 
 

The new collection, Dalston Tart, is embracing the tartan trend this season with some pieces that I seriously love, but what I like the most about this collection is the encorporation of the black and white floral print.  The combination of tartan and floral patterns is something that I haven't seen this year, and isn't something I would have thought to have put together myself, but I really, really like it.


I've picked my favourite three items from the collection which I have compiled into my House of Hackney X ASOS Lust List...I really ought to try shortening that for future!  This year, I don't know why, but I've been really craving these baggy smock style dresses.  I am pear shaped, dramatically pear shaped you might say, so I just like the waist band on these sort of dresses as they tuck me in at my slimmest point.  I also think they look really nice with thick tights and, as always, chunky boots.

The tartan ticks all my boxes for a nice tartan too - I hate bright, garish tartan, and this is just a perfect, darker tartan.  I also love the sleeve length!  Oh...god, you know what, I just need this tartan dress full stop.  It has to be mine.

The floral printed items really remind me of some cushions that my Grandma used to have at her house, my favourite of the two is obviously the dress for the same fit reasons as above.  I am usually quite dark in the clothes that I wear, so this creamy dress would be really nice to switch it up a bit, whilst still leaving me with the chance to keep my own style.  I do like the t-shirt, but on my frame, I don't think it'd be flattering - but I really like the upturned sleeves so you get that hint of tartan coming through.

What do you think of the sneak peek of House of Hackney X ASOS?

No comments:

Post a Comment