Wednesday 4 December 2013

Holy Guacamole!

Today is my anniversary with my boyfriend Liam.  We've been together for nine years today!  How very amazing, and I'm very happy!  So happy in fact, that this evening I've been preparing a Mexican feast for us both to indulge in as soon as he finishes work.  Liam and I both - to put it bluntly - bum Mexico.  We have been to Cancun twice with our group of friends and it's literally the best place ever, it is worth every single penny!
 
Aside from the sun, sea and nightlife, one of the things that I love the most about being in Mexico is the guacamole.  There are literally no words to describe how amazing this stuff is over there - I've never found guacamole as good!  The next best thing to Mexican guacamole is home made guacamole.
 
 
It's so simple to make, and is so much nicer than shop bought guacamole and it takes no time at all!  To make this bowl of guacamole, I used;

           TWO RIPE AVOCADOS
           ONE RED ONION
           ONE TOMATO
           THE JUICE OF ONE LIME
           ONE CLOVE OF GARLIC

All you need to do is chop your Avocado's in half, scoop out the middle and mash.  Finely chop the tomato and the onion and add to the mashed avocado.  Add the juice of one lime, stir that in.  And mince your garlic clove and crack that in there too!  I also added a bit of salt and pepper just for some seasoning, because all pro chefs add salt and pepper...

I swear the photograph that I've included doesn't do the guacamole justice.  Just give it a go, you will not regret it!  You can even spice things up a little by adding in some chopped chilli!

So...will you be trying to make your own guacamole?

No comments:

Post a Comment