Friday 20 December 2013

Laura Mercier Body & Bath Luxe Quartet in Crème Brûlée

Well it has been a while hasn't it.  I don't know where this month has gone at all; I've not even been particularly busy!  I can't believe it's so close to Christmas!  I work in an office where it is literally Christmas all year, so I thought I'd be sick of it, but if anything, it's made me even more excited!

A few weeks ago, you might have seen that Urban Retreat Beautique were doing their annual Christmas Quest.  I'd never played before, but I had the best week!  Basically, you have to hunt around their website and find items that are marked at £0.02, and if you find it, you need to buy it before anyone else!  I was very lucky and on the first day that I played, I won this beauty...the Laura Mercier Body & Bath Luxe Quartet in Crème Brûlée worth an amazing £60!  Bought for two perfect pennies!!




It arrived in a sturdy gift box, and inside was a Honey Bath, a sugar scrub, a body creme and a candle.  I was a bit worried that I wouldn't like the smell, as I'm a bit fussy with sweet smells, but they are all absolutely gorgeous.  The description on the website says that it is "succulent notes of warm caramel, spun sugar and French vanilla bean" - very luxurious and decadent.

I've managed to use everything now, and I love it all!  I don't know if I'd ever buy the full size versions of these as they're just too expensive for my purse strings, but this is definitely the sort of thing I'd love to receive as a gift if I was really being spoilt.  The sugar scrub one of the nicest I've ever tried as usually I always get left with a sticky residue, but this just rinsed away leaving me with perfectly polished skin.  My only problem with the sugar scrub was the smell - this is the most sickly scent of them all, and there's just something about it that reminds me of Baileys and Baileys is just a nightmare for me.

The body creme is so light on application, but you can really feel the moisture in my opinion - out of them all, I'd be most likely to buy this in full size.  And honestly, the Honey Bath smells nice, but there's nothing overly special about the bubble bath!  


I've had a look at other things on the Urban Retreat Beautique, and there are a few more scents that I'd like to try including Ambre Vanille and probably the most tempting...Almond Coconut Milk.  What's even better now is that they are all half price!  So if you have last minute pressies to buy, or just fancy treating yourself, then go, go, go!

Did you manage to get anything in the Christmas Quest? Tried any of these goodies?

No comments:

Post a Comment