Tuesday 25 March 2014

Clinique Cheek Pop in Ginger Pop

Way back in January, I was wishing hard for the release of the new Clinique Cheek Pops; in fact, I wanted two - Peach Pop and Berry Pop.  The Cheek Pops were finally released last week, and at the weekend, I raced to Browns department store to spend the voucher I'd been saving since Christmas, and actually picked up two products, one of them being this beautiful blush!

Clinique Cheek Pop Ginger Pop Swatch Review

I spent ages swatching in store, and comparing with Liam which one he thought was best.  The two that I originally wanted were so pretty, but also really bright - very Spring/Summer, but I wanted something that I could wear daily that was still pretty, but gave a natural glow.  Liam and I both thought that Peach Pop and Ginger Pop were near enough identical when swatching on the hands, but Ginger Pop had a touch of bronze to it, so gave a really healthy, natural glow when applied.

Clinique Cheek Pop Ginger Pop Swatch Review

The Cheek Pop is like no other blush I own.  It's housed in clear packaging, with a beautiful embossed gerbera as the blush itself.  It is a kind of powder/cream blush hybrid, it's so creamy and perfect, but not a cream and not a powder either!  It's just really velvety, and looks really natural when it's applied.

Clinique Cheek Pop Ginger Pop Swatch Review

The colour is really easily buildable.  Where as other blushes, I'd probably just stick to one or two swirls, this took quite a bit to get a real pop of colour onto the cheeks.  But your standard swirling would get you a really natural flush of colour.  I sound a little negative here, but I really, really love it.

I've never tried anything from Clinique before, but I'm so pleased with my first ever purchase.  I hope that these become a staple in their cosmetic collection, and that maybe they release a few more colours!  But for now, Ginger Pop will definitely be seeing me through the warmer months!  If you'd like one, they're available at all the Clinique counters now, or online here for a reasonable £16.50!

Have you tried the Cheek Pops?  What's your favourite shade?

No comments:

Post a Comment