Thursday 22 May 2014

Batiste XXL Volume Dry Shampoo

My name is Carly, and I can't live without dry shampoo.  Specifically, I can't live without Batiste.

I stick to my favourites, which are Blush, Tropical and Cherry so...the majority of them, but a few weeks ago my Mum actually bought me one I haven't tried before.  This is the Batiste XXL Volume Dry Shampoo and damn, this is bloody good.


It's your standard dry shampoo - I'm sure we've all used it, and if you haven't, don't waste your time washing your hair next time, and just spritz in some of this and you are good to go.  Anyway, it's your standard dry shampoo, but with extra volume.  I find that dry shampoo gives my fine, flat hair volume anyway, but this has some serious texture to it as well.

It feels a bit like a mattifying dust powder; a bit tacky (which dries down) and super matte, so it doesn't feel as easy to massage into the roots of your hair as your normal Batiste, but it really does the job well.  I struggle to get any volume or body in my hair because I'm too lazy to do anything in the way of styling in the mornings, but this makes it a breeze and even I can do it.  I don't think the volume lasts all day without a light cover of hair spray, but even without, a quick massage of the roots re-lifts the bounce you initially had.  The scent is nice, nothing special and I don't think it's as nice as their normal scents, but it doesn't last long anyway.

It's actually a pound more than the standard Batiste sprays, which is a little annoying...but I do think I might convert and buy this one from now on.  But at the same time...seeing as we've just bought a house, and are flat out skint, I might just aim to have one of these in my stocks!  I always get my Batiste from Superdrug because they always have the best offers there.  Right now, you can get the XXL for £1.97 instead of £3.99!

Have you tried the XXL Volume Batiste?  What's your favourite dry shampoo

No comments:

Post a Comment