Sunday 20 July 2014

Bourjois Cream Blush: 05 Pink Sunwear

Another gorgeous treat which is definitely making it's way into my holiday make up bag...the Bourjois Cream Blush in Pink Sunwear.  The Bourjois pot blush was the first ever blush that I ever bought; it was a constant repurchase through school, and it stayed in my inside blazer pocket for quick boosts of colour on my lunch break!  

The cream versions have been out a while now, but I've never managed to get round to trying them.  Pink Sunwear is an upcoming release from this years Summer collection, and what a beauty it is!

Bourjois Cream Blush in 05 Pink Sunwear Swatches and Review

The packaging is a lot smaller than the powder pot blushes, maybe by about half, but it's a lot more compact so it's perfect for popping in your handbag, slotting into your already brimming make up bag, or if you're in school, hiding in your blazer pocket!  Unlike my original pot blush, this one has a magnetic close to make sure your cream blush stays nice and clean!

Bourjois Cream Blush in 05 Pink Sunwear Swatches and Review

Matching the pot itself, the cream blush is unlike any other colour I own.  It looks quite an intense copper in the pan, but once blended onto the skin, it's a flawless wash of Summer glow with a hint of pink.  I always favour cream blush in the Summer, and last years holiday cream blush was a neon orange/hot pink duo from Topshop, which I'm sure will make an appearance again this year, but my main go to will definitely be this to help me look like a bronzed goddess...ha, I don't even know why I am saying that, because I have practically zero ability to tan!

I feel confident though that this shade will compliment, and enhance any colour I do get though!

Bourjois Cream Blush in 05 Pink Sunwear Swatches and Review

The formulation itself is perfect.  A semi-matte finish with an almost gel like cream formula which doesn't feel sticky in the slightest; it's so light, and applies so easily.  I don't feel like I'm caked, and that's perfect for the Summer months; it's seamless and looks completely natural, like it's my own skin.  You can see below it's sheer enough to let my freckles come through, but it's really easy to build up a bolder colour if you wanted to!

Bourjois Cream Blush in 05 Pink Sunwear Swatches and Review

I've been applying this  by buffing it in with my Real Techniques Contour Brush because it's small enough to fit into the pan, as well as work into the apples of my cheeks.  I don't own a flat top brush though, but would love to try application with one, so let me know your recommendations!  Wear time, like the bronzing highlighter duo, is amazing.  I have oily skin, but found that this was still giving me some colour after a full day at work!

Will you be trying the new Bourjois Cream Blushes?

No comments:

Post a Comment