Saturday 20 September 2014

Mini Mentions: DHC Deep Cleansing Oil

Sometimes it's hard to commit to buying a full sized product, either because you aren't sure if you're going to like it, or it's just too much money to risk buying a full size for it to not work as you had hoped.  Sometimes, you might just get a decent sized sample in a monthly beauty box and have managed to test it enough so that you have something to say about it - a mini mention perhaps!

This sample size of the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil actually came in a Glossybox that I got sometime last year!  I had never heard of DHC at the time, and back then never dreamed of adding an oil to my already oily skin.  It's safe to say it was shoved to the back of my drawers, never to see the light of day again until recently.  I went to Spain in July and was aiming for light packing, which is when I rediscovered this little bottle of goodness!

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil Review

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil is something I have heard of now -  a lot.  Turns out it's a beauty cult classic which originates from Japan!  You put a small amount of this oil onto your hands and massage onto your dry face; I found that it easily removed all of my make up and even managed to dissolve my waterproof mascara.  I didn't break out which says wonders for me, as on holiday SPF usually just has a disaster with my skin (back especially, but let's not go there...) so I think it managed to thoroughly cleanse my skin including any unwanted SPF in the evening.  It also rinsed off very easily, and left my skin feeling cleansed, smoothed and not at all oily.

The scent of this is a little strange to me.  I'm not the biggest fan of it, because it's made with rosemary and olive oil and I don't love the smell of olive oil.  It also reminds me of cooking, and I just can't get it out of my head that it smells like cooking oil in a greasy way.

Whilst I like this cleansing oil, I don't love it as much as I thought I might considering it's done its rounds like Bioderma.  I think I'll be sticking with The Body Shop's Camomile Cleansing Oil purely for the fresh, light floral scent that one has!  You can try the same 30ml sample that I have from Escentual for £4.50, or take the plunge with a larger size from £11!

Have you tried the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil?

No comments:

Post a Comment