Friday 3 October 2014

The Body Shop Tea Tree Body Wash

I've said it before, but as embarrassing as it is, I'll say it again - I get quite bad body acne.  This said, it's no where near as bad as it once was.  I've done the rounds of tablets from the doctors, and whilst they worked at the time, I've found that my spots always manage to come back.  I was diagnosed with cystic acne on my back and sometimes chest, which the doctor suspects is hormone related.  My spots are back again, but not nearly as bad - just the odd one every so often, with smaller, red bumps in my skin.  Since stopping my tablets, I've added The Body Shop's Tea Tree Body Wash to my shower routine.

The Body Shop Tea Tree Body Wash Review

I've been using this body wash daily in the shower to wash my back and any other areas that are becoming blemished, and I do think it's doing something good for my skin.  Tea tree is known to have antibacterial and antiseptic properties, which makes it ideal for getting rid of unwanted bacteria and any excess oils on my body - being a sweaty betty, and general oily skinned lady, the body wash is certainly doing a world of good for clearing my back and keeping the really bad spot break outs at bay.

The Body Shop Tea Tree wash itself is really refreshing, and leaves my skin feeling nicely cleansed, but not at all stripped or dry.  It's a green gel, and a little does go a long way!  I think that The Body Shop are kind enough to let you know that, because the packaging is quite tough to squeeze out a mass of body wash.  I've had this since June, and I'm only just starting to think that I need to buy another bottle.  The Body Shop have it priced at £6 a bottle, which for a body wash is more than what I would normally pay - I usually just buy whatever is on offer at the time.  But The Body Shop always have an offer running, and I can usually get this for 40% off!

I'll definitely be repurchasing this, and to be honest, I can't imagine not having a bottle of this in my stash.  If you struggle with body blemishes, I'd definitely recommend giving this a go!  I like to team this body wash with the Boots Tea Tree Back Spray, which I spray onto dry skin after I have got out of the shower.

Have you tried The Body Shop Tea Tree range?

No comments:

Post a Comment