Tuesday 20 January 2015

Calm Your Tits

I never really go into full on debate mode, but this week I'm just so confused by this whole feminist movement thing that seems to be always in the media lately.  This week The Sun stopped printing the topless ladies that we've seen on page three for as long as I can remember.  I'll get straight to the point here - we can't be on a mission for #NoMorePage3 when we're on a mission already to #FreeTheNipple.  

I feel like a man here in the way that I literally don't have a single clue what women are wanting.  The thing is, I'm all for women working to stop men seeing women as objects, but at the same time, I'm all for women being equal and having the freedom to do what ever the hell they want.

Source

If someone wants to get their boobies out on page three then good for them, and go for it!  I get that there is a time and a place for it, but page three never harmed me when I was younger so why have we got to get rid of it now?  If I had a little boy one day, I'd rather his lady part curiosity was half answered as he looked at the boobs on page three than go trailing the internet for a picture of boobs because god knows what will come up then.  I just don't see why women are stopping other women from doing something that they want to do?  We should be celebrating women, boobs and all - not making our bodies some sort of taboo.  Are we aiming to get Heat's Torso of the Week banned next because it's objectifying men?  Didn't think so.

I don't want anyone to think that I'm in favour of objectifying women, because I'm not.  I  despise the new found 'LAD' culture that has emerged in the last few years - but I just don't see why we seem to be working to repress women and whinging when we have our boobs out, or are showing a bit more cleavage than usual when the women fifty years ago were working so hard to be equals?  Leave the men to sort  the 'LAD's' being such dick heads and let us women just focus on getting equal pay in the work place and other important things other than whose tits are out where.

I don't even read The Sun and don't think I've ever bought a copy other than to get a £5 voucher to buy fruit and vegetables at Morrisons; it's hardly going to affect me in terms of not being able to look at page three anymore.  I just wish people wouldn't be so offended at every tiny thing.  Calm down - Hakuna your Tatas.

What do you think?  I'd love to hear your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment