Friday 9 January 2015

The High Street 90's Lip: Revlon Matte Balm in Sultry

I'm pretty positive that 90% of the lip crayons that I own are by Revlon.  I love Revlon, and the shades that they have seriously have got me covered - I lean more towards lipsticks at the moment, but I still can't resist a good lip crayon.  I loved the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains, but despite the new Matte and Gloss range which were released over a year ago (can you believe that?!), I have only just branched out by getting my hands on one of their Matte Balms in the shade Sultry.

Kylie Jenner Nude: Revlon Matte Balm in Sultry

I was a bit worried that these might not be as good as their original release; the Balm Stains were forever hyped and these new releases kind of got spoken about and nothing more was said - no fuss, no nothing.  But I really, really like the shade I have.  Sultry is a dusky rose shade - it's got the brown under tones with a gorgeous rose tinge.

Revlon Matte Balm Sultry Swatch Review

Even though it is a matte lip, it's definitely easy wearing.  It glides on smoothly, colour pay off it amazing - the shade is definitely there in one swipe, and I don't find it to be drying at all because the Revlon Matte Balms have been made with shea, mango and coconut butter which kind of make these feel very lip balm-esque.  But don't be fooled into thinking that these have a tropical scent - the light peppermint scent that the original Balm Stains have is still there but it does fade quickly.

Kylie Jenner Lip: Revlon Matte Balm in Sultry

I've been wearing this a lot recently because it's just the perfect subtle lip - not subtle so that it's a nude, or a your lips but better shade, but the kind of subtle that's just nice.  Everyone bangs on about the Kylie Jenner nude lip, and I think that this is definitely right up that street - it's got the whole 90's grunge vibe going around it and I absolutely love it for day and night wearing.

What's your current go-to lip?

No comments:

Post a Comment