Wednesday 11 March 2015

February Empties: Make Up and Hair Care

The final installment of this months empties is some make up and hair care bits!  There's not too much, but still a couple of bits worth sharing!

February Empties: Make Up and Hair

The frankly horrendous looking tube on the left is actually a tube of clear mascara from Collection and it's their Little Mix Full On Clear Mascara.  I was looking for something cheap and cheerful to sweep my brows into some sort of shape, and this did the job perfectly.  It doesn't leave them looking white, doesn't feel overly crispy and keeps brows in place.  The only downside is that the tube itself is clear so you can see your product getting coloured with any brow wax/powders that you use.

This was the first time that I'd tried the Rimmel Match Perfection foundation and I have to say I do quite like it.  I've already bought a second bottle of this and used it as my day to day foundation all the way through Winter.  It is really light weight, not at all heavy and blends nicely into the skin.  My one downside to this is that it's just a light coverage foundation, and leaves the skin with a glowy finish.  Sometimes, I love this aspect of it, but only when my skin is having a seriously good day, and when it's not so warm.  I think I'll be swapping this for a matter foundation come Summer, because it does have the tendancy to make me look a bit oily.

I got this little bottle of Maghrabian Oil in a Glossybox forever ago, and it's not one I'll be picking up again.  I've honestly had this so long, and I just don't ever see any difference in my hair when I use it.  It's not any more hydrated, not particularly any smoother and I just think that there are better hair oils out there for the price.  A hair product I have loved though is the John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shine Shock.  This adds amazing shine to my hair without making it look greasy, really illuminates the brunette tones in my hair and helps to smooth it all down.

The blank tube on the end is actually a Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer.  Like with the Soap and Glory Kick Ass Concealer, I'm going to go against the blogger grain and declare that I don't like this concealer.  Yes, it's got great coverage, but I just find it to be so drying and almost cakey on my skin unless I try mixing it with some sort of eye cream...maybe...it's one to test as it's not exactly pricey, but as it stands, I'm not a fan.

Have you tried anything from this months empties?  What concealer would you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment