Friday 27 March 2015

Fit Friday: Goal Update and Current Workouts

I've been a little absent on the whole gym/fitness front lately.  To be honest, I've just not got my rhythm going and unfortunately I've just taken any excuse lately to not go to the gym.  The early, dark nights made me want to just go home and be warm instead of sweating it out in the gym.  But it's getting lighter in the evenings now, and the clocks go forward on Saturday (handy reminder there!) meaning it'll be lighter for even longer, so I'm feeling much more energised after finishing work recently.  It's so nice being able to drive home without needing my lights on!

I spoke of my new goals for 2015 back in December, and I'm so pleased that this week I managed my first ever unassisted pull up!   I've been trying to do that for so long, and I was so proud of myself when I managed it on my own.  I can't do any more than the one without putting my feet down between pull ups, but hey...one step at a time.  Maybe next month I'll be able to do five in a row?


Talking of my 2015 goals, running has not got well for me at all.  I've been once this entire year and that was also my first ever outdoor run that I did off my own back.  My route takes me down the lane, along the riverbank and over farmers fields along public walkways.  I ran using the Nike Running app, and ran for sixteen minutes and forty seconds for supposedly 1.43 miles.  I'm pretty sure that's a terrible time for such a short distance, but I say supposedly because my route that it mapped out seemed to cut out a chunk?  I ran down a straight between the two red sections on the map, so I don't know if it ran out of signal at that point and stopped recording or what?  If anyone uses it then please do let me know if I did in fact run further...please say I ran all of a smidge further!  

I'm very lucky with the area that I live in that I have such a pretty route to run, so I can't excuse why I've only been once.   Needless to say, it was tiring, but I'm pleased I went - even if it did feel as though my ankles were bending the wrong way for a few days afterwards.  I feel like I need a running buddy to spur me on to turn this into a routine, and so far I've only had Liam volunteer to bike alongside me, which is nice but I'd feel like I was in a scene of Run Fatboy, Run.

Image Here

For my workouts, I've still been mainly doing weights over cardio and I'm really enjoying seeing my strength building and my body changing.  I've actually maintained my weight, but have managed to lose a few inches on most of my body!  The jeans I got for Christmas are even starting to feel loose around my waist, so I'm definitely pleased.  I won't lie that I'm disappointed I'm maintaining my weight, but my diet hasn't been great recently.  I'm finally out of Christmas chocolate now though so hopefully things will improve a little.  I really need to start trying to ignore what I weigh and go on how my body feels.

This week I've been picking out a couple of workouts to do that I've found on Pinterest and I've really enjoyed them.  I find that I work best when I have a plan of what I need to do, otherwise I end up floating around not really knowing what to do next.  I'll continue with these workouts a little longer and then come and report back on them, but in the meantime here is my Fit Board if you wanted to check that out!  I also cracked on with Carly Rowena's Leg and Butt Routine...my legs were like jelly afterwards, and going downstairs as I was leaving the gym proved pretty difficult!  It's definitely one to give a go, and a workout I'll be slipping in every week!

What does your work out routine look like?  How are your goals coming along?

No comments:

Post a Comment